4 + 1 question game with Enjoy Russian teacher
Welcome to our blog! If you learn Russian language and sometimes feel like at a loss for words, take into account these 5 questions that will help you to start a conversation when in Russia. Olga Eliseeva, Enjoy Russian School tutor, explains, what to ask and how to answer even if your level is not higher than elementary.
What is your name and other easy questions in Russian
- Imagine you meet the person for the first time. Let’s say, Maria (one of the most popular names in Russia). Thing number one you can ask is WHAT IS YOUR NAME? КАК ТЕБЯ ЗОВУТ? NOTE! To answer this question use the accusative case (Я – МЕНЯ, ТЫ – ТЕБЯ): Меня зовут Мария (My name is Maria)
- Question 2 would be HOW OLD ARE YOU? СКОЛЬКО ТЕБЕ ЛЕТ? NOTE! Use accusative case again – МНЕ 25 ЛЕТ.
- Next one: WHERE ARE YOU FROM? ОТКУДА ТЫ? I’m from Russia. Я из России.
- After you know the name and country, you may proceed with more “talkative” questions that are supposed to be answered in more than one sentence. For example, ask about the profession: WHAT DO YOU DO? КТО ТЫ ПО ПРОФЕССИИ?
- And finally, ask a person about his/her family. It’s a very good move because you can ask the questions above about family members. So: У ТЕБЯ ЕСТЬ СЕМЬЯ? DO YOU HAVE A FAMILY?
As you see, it’s not that difficult, take your time and practice a lot! Every week Enjoy Russian teachers go live on Instagram with FREE LESSONS for different levels: beginners – on Fridays, A1 – on Mondays and A2-B2 – on Wednesdays.