Learn Russian in Petrozavodsk and Enjoy winter celebrations
Enjoy Russian language school offers an opportunity to learn Russian for 1-12 weeks and experience Russian winter festive traditions. Learning Russian individually or in a group and getting familiar with the best winter activities in the magnificent and magic Russian North is the greatest way to live like a Russian for a while! Have you ever tried New Year and Christmas Russian delicacies? Have you ever had a chance to build a town of ice and snow? Do you know about Russian New Year traditions? See it all and try it all in Petrozavodsk. After you take the Russian course, you will be able to wish your friends Happy Holidays in Russian!
Why is Petrozavodsk perfect for taking a winter holiday trip?
- Petrozavodsk is not as intimidating as the huge, noisy cities of Moscow or St Petersburg. At the same time, Petrozavodsk is located only in few hours ride from St. Petersburg, Moscow and Veliky Novgorod so you may take Russian Golden ring route whenever you want.
- People are friendly, always ready to help and invite you to some exciting events.
- When winter comes Petrozavodsk totally transforms itself. It becomes snowy and beautifully decorated with Christmas trees and lights, and people enjoy some great cultural activities:
- Trips to KIZHI island – famous open-air museum
- DIYs on how to make Russian-style gifts;
- Traditional holiday dinners with family;
- A trip to Ded Moroz’s (Russian Santa Claus, known as Grandfather Frost) residence;
- Street festivals, Russian Christmas markets;
- Ice fishing, dog sledding, skiing and skating and of course, Russian banya!