Our teaching methods of studying Russian in Russia
Our Russian Language school “EnjoyRussian” exists since 2004. We have approved different teaching methods of studying Russian for that time. Actually we do not teach the Russian language… We teach how to use the Russian language to communicate with people in Russian. Our teaching method comprises different modern principles and techniques:
* Communicative language teaching. You learn the Russian language in use, you obtain skills of using Russian to communicate with people. Our students enjoy going to cafe, post-office, shop etc with their Russian teacher to practice Russian language skills in real life situations.
* Game-based learning. Our Russian teachers use various board and active games to make Russian language learning a fun and easy thing to do. Every Friday we organize fun lessons outdoor where students play Russian games and learn new Russian words.
* Project-based learning. During the Russian course our students create a project that allows them to combine everything they’ve learned to create something new. It can be a short movie, a song, an article, a story, a photo slideshow with student’s descriptions – anything that will show how well you can use the language you’ve learned;
* Russian Language Immersion. Apart from the classes our students practice Russian with their Russian host families, in the excursions and meetings with volunteers. It’s impossible not to start speaking Russian if you are forced to use it all day long in friendly atmosphere.
* Audio-lingual method. The new language is first heard and extensively drilled before being seen in its written form.