I’m an EVS volunteer in Russia
What are my tasks and responsibilities?
Dear friends! Enjoy Russian School is currently looking for the volunteer to have a great vacation in Russia in 2019. EVS program (European Voluntary Service) is an opportunity to become a part of the world volunteer community and live in a new country from 2 to 12 months. If you are ready to explore Russia, inspire youngsters and adults, teach English or your native language and tell more about your country apply now! Traveling, accommodation and food expenses are to be covered by the Organization, but one should remember that the program is not only about having fun:)
Role and tasks of an EVS volunteer in Russia:
The volunteer would be an additional person who could add his/her ideas to create an intercultural and multilingual dimension for the project. The daily work with youth offers a wide variety of exchange possibilities (music and songs, dance, storytelling & of course, literature). Creating an open mind and an interest in discovering other languages and countries is achieved so in a very natural way based on a daily contact and exchange – it becomes a sort of natural effect of becoming familiar with each other.
- prepare and carry out the series of non-formal English language lessons with the help and under supervision of a teacher and assist a teacher at lessons as well as in language camps during the summer, autumn, winter and spring period.
- prepare the events of the “Language Club” for young and adult people (choosing the main topic, making up the scenario, looking for interesting materials, preparing some decoration). We are planning to organize the following events: the day of national games, quiz games for children, cooking workshop “National cuisine” activities connected to different holidays such as April Fool’s Day, Earth Day, Christmas.
- organize the work of the English Discussion Club “Language cafe” (choosing topics, leading the discussions).
- preparing and carrying the series of workshops devoted to volunteer’s native language and country (presentation of the country, its traditions, art, music and introducing the basics of native language)take part in several photo shoots, choosing the theme.
- conduct several presentation about European Voluntary Service
- taking part in several photo shoots
- to shoot a video clip devoted to EVS, cultures, countries, sightseeings and etc.
The volunteer will be free in choosing the topics and the activities of the events and moreover will be able to implement his/her own small project!
- Volunteers have a chance to learn Russian with the teachers from the hosting organization.
- Russian volunteers and mentors try to involve the volunteers into the social and cultural life of the city. They offer the EVS volunteers different activities, such as visiting theatres, cinemas, museums, concerts, etc.
- Host families also play an important role in the everyday life of the volunteers. A lot of volunteers become good friends with the host family and continue to communicate even after the end of the project.
Expected results of the project
1) we expect that nearly 1000 children will take part in English lessons and activities conducted by a volunteer. There will be the following activities conducted in English:
– lessons devoted to regional geography
– communication games, 5-10 quest games
– 6-7 creative workshops devoted to national music, art, dances.
– 2-3 outdoor “Days of national games”
– 3-5 thematic photo shoots
– 2-3 cooking workshops devoted to “National cuisine”
– shooting a video clip devoted to EVS, cultures, countries, sightseeings and etc.
2) Moreover, 3 presentations about European Voluntary Service will be conducted. As a result, we expect that nearly 6 young people will be able to take part in EVS projects in Europe.
3) At least 10 people will be able to attend the national language courses during the whole year. The participants will get acquainted with the foreign country, its traditions, and learn the basics of volunteer’s native language.
Volunteer will live with a host family who already hosted foreign volunteers or students. Volunteer will be provided with necessary kitchen equipment and bed-linen. Volunteer will get 100 euro per food in rubles every month. Hosting Organisation will arrange payments for the rent.
* Before arrival, a volunteer will be given useful information about travelling in Russia. A volunteer will be provided with contact details and emergency contact numbers at the territory of Russia, mentor’s and coordinator’s telephone numbers. The mentor or the host family will meet a volunteer at the railway station in Petrozavodsk.
* A volunteer will get money for transport (in rubles), some families live in the city center so it is possible to walk.
Do you feel like joining us in 2019? Then send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com