Useful tips from a student of Warwick University James
Every summer Enjoy Russian language school turns into a place where kids, teenagers and foreigners from all over the world meet each other and look at different cultures from new angles. This is basically the main stone International English Camp stands on. With more than 200 Camp’s participants, summer days is the best period for international students to practice Russian and take part in the Russian + volunteer program in Petrozavodsk. Back in August 2018, James couldn’t imagine what his trip would be like. But after 2 weeks with kids, he realized there was no better way to be fully immersed into the Russian lifestyle!
What to do to spice up your holiday and become fluent in Russian?
- Teach Russian kids 10 new English phrases every day. Animals, weather, sports, food or clothing – every single day was full of brand new words for the kids. Thanks to James they were able to pronounce them correctly like a native speaker.
- Answer thousands of questions in Russian. Probably no one is surprised (neither was James) that children are always super curious about EVERYTHING. They asked James about favourite sports and favourite food, about driving a car in England, about rains and umbrellas, storms and unicorns and many (so many!) other things. Thank you, James, for your patience!
- Teach children not only English but Italian as well. Сome ti chiami? asked James and kids replied in Italian. It took them just a couple of minutes to learn basic phrases with such a great teacher as James.
- Go to a professional photoshoot. This part is especially loved by girls. They were super excited to take some nice pictures with their new British friend! 🙂
5. Participate in video-creating to remember your volunteering experience! (Min. 6 – James teaches kids Italian)