If you want to take a kayak trip around Scandinavia – some Russian language is what you need first!
From Norway southwards around South Sweden across the Baltic Sea and the Bay of Finland to Saint Petersburg, then up the Neva river, through lots of lakes and Belomorsk Canal to the White Sea and then to the West, back to Norway by KAYAK!
Erling from Norway came to Petrozavodsk “Enjoy Russian” Language School just for a one-week intensive course (30 hours of Russian lessons). He’s never learned Russian before, so he started from the alphabet and basic greetings. He wants to take a great Kayak trip, which is partly going to be in Russia, so he needs to know some Russian to be able to talk to local people.
He has just had 18 hours of Russian lessons, but he already can
- read quite well in Russian
- introduce himself and other people
- ask people how are they
- count from 0 to 10
- ask for an English menu in a restaurant
- ask someone to repeat what he’ve just said
- ask people about their professions
- say what he likes or doesn’t like
- say what he has or doesn’t have and many other things