Rules of residence in a Russian family
Here are some rules of homestay to avoid any misunderstandings during your stay in the family.
Family’s rights and duties:
1. The family provides the student with his/her own furnished room (bed, chair, desk, and wardrobe) in good condition.
2. The family provides the student with breakfast or with breakfast and evening meal according to his/her chosen program.
3. The family gives the student the possibility of:
• using the telephone for local calls
• using the bathroom and its facilities (washing machine, clothes dryer)
• using kitchen and its facilities (fridge, stove, saucepan, frying pan, kettle, plates, cups, etc.)
• facilities in the apartment (iron, TV, radio etc).
4. Family provides the student with bed-clothes and changes them every 2 weeks.
5. Family guarantees the student’s right to rest.
6. In case the Student is not satisfied with his/her family, the School coordinator undertakes to move him/her to another family.
Student’s rights and duties:
1. Student may use the telephone during the day, from 7.00 a.m. to 23.00 p.m., no longer than one hour a day.
2. Student doesn’t use the telephone for international calls. The student gets a personal sim-card in the School office.
3. Student undertakes not to make noise; keep his/her room tidy. Student must clean the room once a week.
4. Student may have visitors only with the family’s permission. Student undertakes not to have visitors after 22.00 and not more than one person at a time.
5. If the student damages family’s property he/she undertakes to pay the full cost of the property within 3 days.
6. Student undertakes to pay the full cost of the program to the coordinator of the School within 3 days after the program start.
7. In case the Family is not satisfied with the Student, the School coordinator undertakes to move him/her to another family.
8. Student understands that utilities (gas, electricity, water..) cost much and doesn’t exceed them.
Terms of payment:
1. The student pays the full cost of the program in the School office within three days after arrival.
2. The accommodation fee payment is to be made in Euros or in Rubles as according to the official rate of the Central Bank of Russia.
3. If the student misses breakfast or an evening meal, the host family is not obliged to give the student a refund for the meal they have missed.