Top 15 “Football words” in Russian
- Posted by: Enjoy Russian
- Category: Russian learning materials
We’ve already told you about famous Soviet football players. Here is something every football fan (and a player of course) must know: the list of Russian football words that are expected to be the most popular ones all across the Globe! As 2018 World Cup is approaching more and more students ask Enjoy Russian teachers to spice up the lessons with some football vocabulary. So let’s learn together some of them! We start with easy ones. The farther you go the more time it takes both to read and remember:
Learn some Russian vocabulary before enjoying the game!
- Гол –GOL– Goal
- Атака – ATAKA – attack
- Футбол – FUTBOL – football
- Победа – PABEDA – victory
- Финал – FINAL
- Поле – POLE – a playing field
- Мяч – MYACH – ball
- Группа – GRUPPA – a group
- Пенальти – PENALTI – penalty
- Бить – BYT’ – to kick the ball
- Победитель – PABEDIT’EL – winner
- Проигравший – PRAIGRAVSHII – looser
- Красная/желтая карточка – KRASNAYA / ZHOLTAYA KARTACHKA – red/yellow card
- Чемпионат мира по футболу – CHEMPIONAT MIRA PO FUTBOLU – World Cup
- Болельщик – BALELSCHYIK – a football fan
What cities will hold the key games?
Take a virtual trip to St. Petersburg, Sochi and Moscow where the football giants will meet each other in June! What to enjoy in Russia between the games and where to find snowy mountains in the middle of summer? Find out in the podcast!
World Cup 2018 is going to take place in 11 Russian cities. Take a chance to visit Petrozavodsk where you can not only learn Russian with Enjoy Russian school but also play football at one of the city venues!