Russian visa, registration, medical insurance, and other useful info
- Posted by: Enjoy Russian
- Category: Без рубрики
Please note each applicant is responsible for preparing the documents in order to obtain his/her visa. In order to be able to apply for a visa to enter the Russian Federation, you will need an official invitation letter which the “Enjoy Russian” School will provide for you.
To receive the invitation letter to apply for a visa in time you should:
- Apply for the desired Russian language course with us 2.5 months before the program starts*;
- Send us a copy of the biodata page of your passport;
- Sign and return the contracts sent to you by our coordinator via email;
- Pay the application fee (65-80 euro) via PayPal or bank transfer (details will be provided). The registration fee includes all pre-arrival information, the invitation letter and postal service costs.
* Citizens of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden should apply at least 1 month before the program starts.
Always remember that the earlier you apply, the faster you’ll get your visa, the cheaper flights you’ll be able to find, the more nerves you’ll save.
In most countries, the consulates and visa centers accept electronic Invitation letters, so you will only need a scan. But in some countries the original paper form of the Invitation letter is required (for example, the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Sri Lanka and in the Republic of Maldives). In this case the expenses of sending the Invitation letter by ordinary post is included in the application fee, but if you apply in less than 2,5 months before the course, you will need to cover the DHL express in order to get the invitation letter to you in time. You can find detailed requirements to the documents and exact procedure on the website of the consulate or visa center where you’re going to apply for your Russian visa.
We provide our students with an invitation to obtain a “Humanitarian Visa”:*
In order to obtain a “Humanitarian Visa” to study with us here at “Enjoy Russian”, you need an official letter of invitation issued by the Migration service of the Russian Federation. The maximum amount of time you can stay in Russia with this type of visa is 90 days. We ask that you apply at least 2.5 months before your desired program starts to ensure that we have sufficient time to apply for and obtain your invitation letter and then send it to you, so that you can apply for your visa. Usually the Migration and Visa office in Petrozavodsk is able to issue the invitation letter within a month. As soon as we have received your invitation letter, we send it to you via e-mail.
* Our organisation is able to provide applicants from Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden with invitation letters directly. We can get your invitation letter ready within one day of us receiving your registration fee. For citizens of these countries, the process of obtaining the inviation letter is one month shorter.
It usually takes up to two weeks for your country’s Russian Embassy to issue you with a visa to enter the Russian Federation. Generally, you will need to provide the following documents in order to obtain a “Humanitarian Visa” to come and study with us here at “Enjoy Russian” in Petrozavodsk:
- Completed application form (available at the web-site of the consulate)
- A copy of your passport
- The invitation letter provided by the host organisation (in this case, the “Enjoy Russian” School)
- Medical insurance
Please visit the web-site of the nearest Russian Embassy in your area to fill in the visa application form. It is important that you follow the relevant embassy’s instructions very carefully while preparing your application. Your invitation letter must accompany your visa application form and any other documents required by the Russian Embassy in your region when you submit them.
You will need a migration card (completed by yourself) in order to register with the authorities here in Petrozavodsk. Please do not forget to ask the customs staff at the border to give you a migration card. Without this migration card, it will be impossible for us to register you here.
Information about registration in Petrozavodsk:
According to Russian legislation all foreign citizens should be registered within 7 days of entering Russia. We are responsible for that.
In order to register, on the first day of the program you should give the school’s coordinator the following documents:
2) Migration card (which you will get at the border)
Information about medical insurance:
Every foreign citizen who comes to Russia is to be insured for the whole period of the stay in Russia. You should purchase the medical insurance in your own country before applying for visa.